Saturday 18 June 2011

ANGER MANAGEMENT


Deep breaths, deep breaths, deep breaths...

There are many things in this world to get angry about.  Poverty, hunger, injustice etc, etc, etc.  But I just tested a fragrance that made my blood boil in a way that a photograph of a maltreated donkey in Spain has never quite managed.

A major, major release.  A huge campaign - print and TV.  A pretty good, seductive campaign.  Every stupid man from Newcastle to New Jersey will be buying this scent.

They would do far better to buy a can of Lynx.  Any of the trashy varieties.  They're all far superior to this cruel, ridiculous joke.  This scent embodies everything that's wrong with the fragrance industry today.  It's nasty, cynical and ultimately pointless.  It's an insulting afterthought to the marketing.

OK - I know, I know...  I'm off to get a life.

           [By ANDREW]

No comments:

Post a Comment